Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz

by · February 7, 2016

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish (Since 1963) organized Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 2015-2016 on 05th February 2016, Friday from 6 to 10:30 pm at United Indian School, Abbassiya.

The Quiz winners are as follows.

1st Prize – Logos Prayer Group
2nd Prize – Ebenezer Prayer Group
3rd Prize – Beersheba Prayer Group

The program was a grand success due to the wholehearted support, great leadership and guidance of our vicar Rev. Sam Koshy Thalathayil, Quiz Masters Mr. Shibu Thomas Pullampallil, Mr. Blesson Varghese, Mrs. Linu Manoj & Mr. Manoj Mathew for the wholehearted support given from the beginning to till end of the event. A special thanks to the Jury team Adv. P. John Thomas, Sri. Simon Samuel, Sri. Mathew Chandy (S.S. Headmaster), Technical Support team Mr. Shibu Thomas Mathew, Mr. Joby Philip, Mr. Shiju Mathew, Mr. Shilu George, Mr. Vinu Thankachen, Mr. Ashok Abraham, Public address system team Mr. P. C. Abraham, Mr. Mathew Varghese(Shibu), Mr. Philip Mathew, Mr. Reji Daniel, Evaluators for the paper evaluation of the written examination, Volunteers, Mr. Binu Puliyilethu for the
still photographs, Parish Office Bearers, Kaisthana Samithi, Prayer Group Officials, Prayer Group Teams & all Parishioners.

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 1

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 2

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 3

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 4

Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 5

Congratulations to the winners. May God bless all the participants of each prayer groups who had attended the preliminary round and final rounds. Extending our profound gratitude and acknowledgement for the representation of the prayer groups and Participants.

There were two rounds for the competition, preliminary round and final rounds. Preliminary round was written exam. A total of 18 teams participated. The written examination was for 30 minutes. 8 highest score team from preliminary round selected for the final round. It consist of 5 rounds of questions which includes multiple choice, audio, pass-on, visual and rapid fire rounds. Any answer above the time limit was not considered. Each team was allowed to answer only one question from each round. A weightage of 70% was given for the prescribed bible portion and the remaining 30% was from the church history, general knowledge and current affairs. The answers wrote either in English or in Malayalam for the first round but for final round team opted for English or Malayalam at the beginning of the round. Bible references and answers should be maid only from Bible Society of Indian version book.All answers should be as stated in the bible and no variations were allowed. Each team cannot exceed more than 3 members.All prayer groups of Kuwait Mar Thoma Parish were eligible to participate. There was no age limit or gender discrimination for the participants.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Almighty Lord for enabling us to conduct the Inter Prayer Group Bible Quiz 2015 – 2016 of Kuwait City Mar Thoma Parish. We would like to place on record your support and prayers for our Parish and the event. May the blessings of Lord Jesus Christ be upon you all.

News & Photos courtesy :

Mathew Varghese (Ajit)
Convener & Quiz Master

Section: Featured, Pravasi

Tags:

Add a Comment